- 25 Ağu 2020
- Tepkime puanı
Vikinger – BuddyPress and GamiPress Social Community WordPress Theme
The Next Generation WordPress + Buddypress Social Community!
We carefully designed this theme for you to have all you need to build an incredible community with full profiles, reactions, groups, badges, quests, ranks, credits and much more to come!
The Best Way to Connect With Your Friends!
BuddyPress Powered Social Community- We took advantage and expanded the Buddypress plugin with reactions, shares, media, and much more!-
Incredible Gamification with Gamipress- We created a full gamification experience with badges, quests, credits and ranks to create an awesome experience!
Super Detailed Design Elements & Pages- All pages are carefully crafted to fit all you may need! Also, we included lots of illustrations and elements PSD’s!
Super Complete Profile & Newsfeed Pages
We created a super complete profile page with a sleek design, boxes and a slider for easier access to all profile sections like: about, images, badges unlocked, quests completed, posts and more!. You’ll also find other community pages, like newsfeed, complete profile settings, members and groups directory and more!.-
Totally Revamped Profile Status Updates!-
We totally revamped the Buddypress status update box! Easily upload photos, GIFs. post status updates, edit your posts, and even link Youtube videos just by pasting the URL!!
You’ll count with a wide range of both status update and activity posts (like when someone becomes your friend). You’ll also have the option to mark your posts as pinned, favourite and private, all easily recognizable with our custom icons!
Express Yourself with Post Reactions!
Because we know how important it is, we created a reactions BuddyPress plugin specificaly for the Vikinger theme and with reactions illustrations designed by us!
You’ll get 8 different reactions: Like, Love, Dislike, Happy, Funny, Wow, Angry and Sad. We integrated seamlesly with BuddyPress so you can, not only react to profile posts, but also to profile comments and replies!
Easily Share Posts with Our Share Function
We created a new share activity and functionality so you can quickly share on your profile stream one of your friend’s activity!
If there’s a post you like, simply click the “Share” button at the bottom and a popup will open to show the chosen post and a status update box to add your thoughts! If you want, you can even share your own posts! Quickly add new information or just bring back some old post you wanna talk about again!
Gamipress: Badges Gamification
Using the Gamipress Achievements feature we designed a badges system where you can unlock them and earn credits to unlock profile ranks! You can also proudly show them in your profile with the badges widget!
We included a PSD with lots of badge designs so you can have fun and also, the badges are made with PS vectors, so you can custome them any way you want, or even create new ones!
Gamipress: Quests Gamification
Using the Gamipress Achievements feature we also designed a quests system where you can complete them and earn credits to unlock profile ranks! Like the badges, you can proudly show them in your profile with the quests widget!
We included a PSD with lots of quest medals colors so you can have fun and also, the medals are made with PS vectors, so you can custome them any way you want, or even create new ones!
Gamipress: Credits Gamification
Using the Gamipress Points feature we created three different credits: Gold, Gems and Emeralds. Use them to unlock new ranks and level up! You can proudly show them in your profile with the credits widget and also you’ll be able to always see your current balance on the top bar.
We included a PSD with the three credits and also, they are all made with PS vectors, so you can custome them any way you want, or even create new ones!
Gamipress: Ranks Gamification
Using the Gamipress Ranks feature we created a 6 ranks system where you can “level up” by collecting credits and completing requirements! We’ve also linked your rank number and progress to profile avatars! You’ll be able to quickly see each user’s rank and progress via the outter progress bar.
As with the others, we also included a PSD with the 6 rank shields. All are made with PS vectors, so you can custome them any way you want, or even create new ones!
Amazing Blog Page with Reactions
A complete blog with 3 different views: list, small grid and big grid to help people quicly search their favourite post. We prepared different post types like: standard, video, audio and gallery and three different open post views.
Also, like with the Buddypress post updates, we added reactions so people can show what they think about it!
Illustrations, SVG Icons and Avatars Included!
Yes! We’re including all illustration elements like the credits, rank shields, badges, quest tokens, section banners, the landing illustrations and a lot more inside the pack in PSD files and made with PS vectors so you can easily customize them with a few clicks!
We’re also including all SVG icons and 16 avatars (15 people and 1 smiley). Please keep in mind that this are just the illustration elements, not the complate pages PSDs!
Incredible Groups with Easy Management
So your users don’t have to make changes via the Wordpress panel, we created an author hub where they can easily change their avatar, cover photo, social networks, personal information, and much more!
Stylish Author Hub Management
Easily create and manage Buddypress groups! Inside the author hub we created an stylish management system so you can easily create and manage your groups, promote authors to mods or admins, check invitations, and more!
This Theme has React Elements Integrated!
Please read the description below to understand a little more about what this means!
We used React to make several parts of the template more dynamic, allowing users to interact with these parts without having to wait for a page reload, improving user experience. For example, a user can filter activities, add them to his favorites or pin it, react and comment on it, all without a single page refresh.
This also means that certain plugins or addons that may work out of the box with the default WordPress, BuddyPress or GamiPress, may not work without us adding support for them for our theme.
You can check every functionality that our Vikinger theme includes by visiting the live preview we created.
As part of our documentation, we created a lot of videos to help you with the setup and customization of every part of our theme, you can check all those videos here on the top banner.
Please ask us all questions that you need before buying!
Version 1.2.0 December 5th 2020
- Fixed the group profile avatar hexagon showing incorrect color on mobile resolutions.
- Fixed the Radio Buttons and Checkboxes profile field types displaying too close to each other if there were too many of them on mobile resolutions.
- Fixed some section banners still showing after selecting to hide all page headers from the Customizer.
- Fixed an issue that caused the members profile photos page header to not have the correct spacing.
- Fixed an issue that could cause activities from previous filters to show on the activities feed when quickly changing between different filters.
- Fixed chat messages not being marked as read when accessing them directly by using the header message notifications dropdown.
- Group invitation notifications now have a link to the user "Received Group Invitations" settings page.
- Added a new notification for private group membership requests sent.
- Added a new notification for private group membership request rejections.
- Updated the "Vikinger - BuddyPress Extension" plugin to include the new private groups related "Membership Requests" menu. Please update the plugin using the theme installer.
- Added a new field in the group creation and manage popups that allows the user to select the status of the group (public, private).
- Added a tag sticker that shows the group status on each group box in the manage groups settings screen to help the user know the status of a group without having to open its management popup.
- Added a tag sticker that shows the group status in the group management popup.
- Added a tag sticker that shows the group status on the activity feed and profile group widgets.
- Added information that indicates the amount of admins, mods, members and banned members the group has in the manage group members tab.
- Removed activity post form from all member profiles except own user profile based on user feedback, as it led to confusion.
- Removed unused privacy dropdown from activity post forms.
Added support for BuddyPress private groups. Users can now create private groups which content can only be seen by members of the group.
Private groups have a "Request Membership" button instead of the "Join Group" button that the public groups have. To join a private group, a user has to send a membership request and needs the approval of a member of that group. The membership request can also be canceled by the initiating user or rejected by any member of the private group.
Both membership requests and rejections now feature a specific notification message which links to the new group membership requests settings page. This new page allows to manage membership requests sent to a group and received by any private group the user is a member of.
Existing public groups can be converted to private groups by editing them from the "Manage Groups" settings page, the group manage popup will now have the option to select group status via a dropdown.
Activity Feed Improvements
We introduced several improvements related to the activity feed, including activity preloading and removing the need for the feed to reload when adding a new post.
The new activity preloading allows for activities to load faster after the initial load, activities are loaded in the background while browsing and displayed when the user scrolls to view more.
Removing activity list reload when updating the feed to show new posts allows for activity shares to be displayed dynamically when previously a page reload was needed as to not break the flow when the user scrolled and wanted to share something but continue browsing afterwards without having the feed reload. Regular activity posts also benefit from this new behaviour, they will display dynamically and faster after submitting them.
We introduced some improvements to the Pin activity functionality, pinned activities are now visible to all users instead of only to the user that made the pin, this allows for the pin functionality to not only be used personally but to highlight a post in a user profile for others to see. Also, users can now only pin an activity in their profile feed page, removing the option incorrectly showing on the main activity feed and other profile activity feeds.
Version 1.1.1 November 28th 2020
- Fixed the "No badges unlocked text" incorrectly showing on the Elementor login register widget when the GamiPress plugin was not active.
- Fixed an issue that caused text to not wrap correctly on some element boxes
- Fixed an issue that caused users to show in the ranks page when their account was not activated.
- Fixed incorrect color being used for the header progress bar underline in the dark purple preset.
- Fixed incorrect color being used for the avatar rank hexagon in the carbon yellow preset.
- Deleting a user will now remove its uploads directory at wp-content/uploads/vikinger/member/member_id, deleting all media uploaded by the user from the server.
- Deleting a group will now remove its uploads directory at wp-content/uploads/vikinger/group/group_id, deleting all media uploaded to the group from the server.
- Added support for BuddyPress notification email settings, this will allow users to opt-out of receiving emails when each action occurs, for example when the user is mentioned in a post. The new settings page can be found under "Account" with the name "Email Settings".
- Updated the "Vikinger - BuddyPress Extension" plugin to include the new "Email Settings" menu. Please update the plugin using the theme installer.
- Removed Mentions, Favorites, Friends and Groups tab filters from the mn activity feed for logged out users.
- Added an option in the Customizer that allows to display or hide all page banners from the theme pages. This new option is available in the Vikinger Settings -> Page Headers section
Version 1.1.0 November 21st 2020
- Fixed background of activity comment replies not using correct color.
- Fixed an issue that could cause long strings of text to not wrap correctly on activity posts and comments.
- Fixed positioning of the header side menu trigger and menu.
- Added missing group related translation strings.
- Added link to homepage to both the header logo and title.
The new "Color Presets" option allows users to quickly change between several different presets to easily change the look and feel of their site. There is also a "Custom" preset available that uses all colors you have defined for your theme on previous versions, so you can keep your previously defined color configuration!.
There are a total of 7 presets:
- Dark Blue
- Dark Purple
- Dark Cyan
- Carbon Yellow
Here's a view of the 5 dark ones:
-Each preset has its own default colors that give a unique look to the site and each preset colors are completely customizable through the Customizer, so you can use the presets as a base and change only some of its colors if you like to do so.
The new Customizer sections that allow preset and colors customizations are:
- Vikinger Settings -> Color Presets
- Vikinger Settings -> Colors - Custom Preset
- Vikinger Settings -> Colors - Light Preset
- Vikinger Settings -> Colors - Dark Preset
- Vikinger Settings -> Colors - Dark Blue Preset
- Vikinger Settings -> Colors - Dark Purple Preset
- Vikinger Settings -> Colors - Dark Cyan Preset
- Vikinger Settings -> Colors - Carbon Yellow Preset
Login and Register
The login and register process has been revised and improved. The default WordPress login page has been completely styled to match the theme look with a customizable background image, text (can be set to an empty string if you don't want to display text over the background image), logo and colors while preserving its default functionality. You can now use this page to allow users to log in to your site or use the forgot password WordPress functionality.
The BuddyPress register and activate pages have been enabled and styled to match the theme look while also removing the header, side menu and footer to adjust it's look to match the new login page. These pages use the same customizable background image, text, logo and colors as the login page. You can now use them to allow your users to register to your page and require them to activate their account before they can login.
The header of the theme now includes a Login button instead of the login form, that will send users to the new login page and the mobile bottom bar that allowed register and login has been moved inside the mobile menu to free screen space when browsing the site on lower resolution screens.
We highly recommend using this new login, register and activation process as it provides more security and options for both the login process, with the forgot password functionality, and the register process, which requires account activation via a key that is sent to the registering user email.
The Elementor landing page can still be used but the login and register Elementor Widget form won't provide these functions, we recommend removing the widget using the Elementor editor and using the page as a regular landing page to display any sections you like your site visitors to see!.
It's now also possible to restrict access to the site if the user isn't logged in, this feature is disabled by default and can be enabled from the Customizer. If enabled, logged out users will be redirected to the login page if they try to access any page of the theme except the login, register and activate pages.
The new Customizer section which allows login and register page customization is:
- Vikinger Settings -> Login - Register
Version 22.214.171.124 November 17th 2020
Fixed an issue that prevented the registration form and popups from being visible on multisite installations.
- Fixed header inputs, rank and points text not using the "Header Text - Color" customizer setting.
- Added "Header Mobile Menu Trigger Icon - Color" to the available colors in the Customizer. This setting controls the mobile menu trigger icon color
Version 1.0.3 November 13th 2020
Fixed a number of styling issues on 720p and below resolutions.
- Fixed an issue with the send message link on the friendship activity that is generated when a friendship is created.
- Fixed an issue that prevented friendships to be working correctly on WordPress Multisite installations.
- Fixed header menu sub items arrow not using hover color.
- Added a child theme, check this link for information about what a WordPress child theme is: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/child-themes/#what-is-a-child-theme. The child theme is called "vikinger-child" and can be found in the Theme/ directory of the package.
- Added a Customizer section called "Admin Bar" and an option "Display / Hide" that allows the user to hide the WordPress admin bar (top bar) for all logged in users (except admins). This doesn't affect BuddyPress toolbar for logged out users, to hide the bar for logged out users, deactivate BuddyPress Toolbar setting in the Settings -> BuddyPress -> Options tab.
- Improved chat widget loading in the profile settings messages page, now the loading indicator doesn't disappear before the messages widget finishes loading.
- Clicking on a message on the header messages dropdown now opens that message thread automatically on the profile settings messages screen.
- Notifications in the header notifications dropdown and the profile settings notifications page now have more functional links, like a link to the user that triggered the notification and the action related to that notification. For example, the "sent you a message" notification now links to that message thread, the "sent you a friend request" now links to the friend requests page, etc.
- Added more entries to the theme FAQand updated old entries to reflect new features.
- Added support for the "Settings" -> "Reading" -> "Blog pages show at most" WordPress option, the blog posts list will now limit the posts per page shown according to this setting.
- Added support for the "Settings" -> "BuddyPress" -> "Options" -> "Group Creation" BuddyPress option, this allows users to enable or disable group creation for all users.
- Added "Header Profile Settings Icon - Color" to the available colors in the Customizer. This setting controls the cog icon color on the right part of the header.
- Added "Header Text - Color" to the available colors in the Customizer. This setting controls the header site title, menu text and submenu arrows color.
Version 1.0.2 November 7th 2020
Fixed user avatar list overflowing on the achievement widgets when many users where displayed.
- Fixed a mobile style issue which showed the decorative icons from the credit award and deduct boxes not centered and out of their respective box.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some images in the user profile timeline photos widget to not display.
- Fixed group member preview list overlay not using customizer secondary color
- Released a new version of the Vikinger - BuddyPress Extension plugin that adds translatable strings for the wordpress admin bar top right profile related menus. Please update the plugin to the latest version using the theme installer.
- Added group navigation missing translatable strings.
- Added error/notice messages to the activity form to allow the user to know the reason a post doesn't submit (i.e. when clicking post without entering text or adding an image).
- Made it possible to post activity status updates with only images (no text).
- Moved header register button closer to the login form.
- Added a new header version with only logo, a new option has been added to the customizer Site Identity section so users can select which header version they want to use.
- Added a new customizer color option in the Vikinger Settings Colors section to allow users to customize the header logo background color for the new header version (you can set this to the same color as the header to make it invisible).
- Added a new customizer option in the Footer section to allow users to hide the footer of the site.
- Added a new section to the customizer called Side Menu, added an option in this new section that allows users to hide the side menu. Hiding the side menu will also hide the side menu trigger that appears on the header of the site.
- Added FAQs section on the theme options.
- Added icons and colors for the following social networks in member profile fields (the name for the profile field must be the same as listed below - case insensitive - in order for it to be recognized and assigned it's respective icon):
Version 1.0.1- October 31st 2020
- Fixed image stretching when used inside a Group Block in a post.
- Fixed the activation and registration page being accessible when they shouldn't be.
- Fixed the upload boxes not showing all accepted image formats by the theme (jpg/jpeg/png/gif).
- Fixed default link icon not showing when creating social links using an unsupported social network.
- Fixed more photos link directing to user photos page instead of group photos page when uploading photos to a group through a status update.
- Fixed text, box layer and hexagon colors that didn't have the correct derived color or user custom color assigned to them when customizing the theme colors.
- Fixed single activity stream pages not showing user cover image and stats information.
- Fixed credit deducts limit text saying it was an "Award Limit" instead of a "Deduct Limit".
- Introduced the following changes and additions in the color customization:
- Added Header Icon - Hover Color
- Renamed Text to Text - Primary
- Added Text - Secondary
- Added Text - Tertiary
- Added Box - Shadow
- Added Over Box - Shadow
- Added Over Box Dark - Shadow
- Added Over Box Big - Shadow
- Added Header Progress Bar Line Gradient - Start Color (if you don't want to use gradient, just set start and end colors to the same color)
- Added Header Progress Bar Line Gradient - End Color
- Added Header Progress Bar Underline - Color
- Added Progress Bar Line Gradient - Start Color (global, user avatars and achievement progress bars)
- Added Progress Bar Line Gradient - End Color
- Added Progress Bar Underline - Color
- Added Avatar Rank Hexagon - Color
- Replaced quest, credits and group creation decorative images with HTML elements to allow users for better customization when changing theme colors, specially when going for a dark version palette. These elements will now be colored appropiately by using customizer colors.
- Added support for more profile field types (Checkboxes, Radio Buttons and Drop Down Select Box). Profile field types available with this update:
- Text Box
- Multi-line Text Area
- Date Selector
- Radio Buttons
- Drop Down Select Box
- Increased the width of the photo popup box so that images with bigger size display better.
- Added new credits and ranks illustrations so you'll have more options to choose from!
- 4 New Token Credits
- 5 New Stones Credits
- 6 New Rank Tags
You can find them inside the Illustrations folder in the updated pack
Moderatör tarafında düzenlendi: